1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

100th Blog Post

Life seems to have pushed the fast forward button this week. I am excited about this being our 100th blog post. Rachel continues to be a wonderful blessing in our lives and I can not imagine life without her. I would not change anything about her including our journey with spina bifida. That doesn't however mean that somedays I didn't wish spina bifida would take a hike off a cliff and never effect anyone again. Little by little we hike farther from the edge and push the challenges of spina bifida further away. What during pregnancy seemed like the end of the world and the end of the childhood dreams we had for Rachel is so far from the reality that we have with her. Rachel has knitted our family closer together. It is every mom's dream to watch her children play, grow and love together and we are blessed to have this however bumpy the path may be at times.
Yesterday we were able to attend Breanne's track meet. Rachel enjoyed the feel of the AstroTurf on the football field.
Rachel cheering Breanne on with Alicia.
Breanne doing the high jump.
I took Rachel on a bike ride today. We stopped at Hobby Lobby to buy 2 pieces of orange felt to make play carrots. Yesterday we made felt eggs to play with. There is a felt egg tutorial on the right hand side of this blog under the pages section. I am hoping to make more felt food over this fall/winter for Rachel. I tried to make a felt cupcake and failed miserably at it.
Felt egg from tutorial
First attempt at a pancake- I realized I forgot to add the maple syrup. I usually skip maple syrup on my pancakes at home so I didn't even think about it until after it was sown together.
Carrot
I also stopped on the way home from our bike ride at McDonald's.I wanted to see how Rachel would do on the indoor play equipment. She ate her hamburger and watched the other kids playing. She observed the slide and then told anyone that walked by that there was a slide. 
Rachel did really well in the play equipment. She needed a little help going up some parts but was able to crawl through the tunnels without any problems. We had another little girl as our tour guide through the play equipment. It was cute! (and yes I made it through all of the tunnels too!) Rachel really liked going down the slides with me.

Rachel has been taking better steps with her twister cables. She has been frequently pushing her cart through the house and outside. She has also been asking to stay "up go" and wanting to hold our hands to walk instead of crawling. I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment